More than 49,000 kids in Australia are living a nightmare!#
Every 11 minutes, every single day, another child suffers abuse or neglect. What’s worse, child abuse and neglect in Australia is happening more frequently than ever.
So spare a thought for six year old Ethan and the thousands of vulnerable children just like him.
These kids deserve a second chance at childhood. They deserve to feel the safety of a caring and loving home environment. They deserve better.
That can only happen when we as a community are willing to say enough is enough.
If you agree child abuse and neglect must stop in Australia, join the fight by pledging to do what you can to help these vulnerable children. By adding your name shows your concern for abused and neglected children and your willingness to advocate for the protection and welfare of vulnerable children.Click here to show your support
THE HARSH REALITY#
- In 2016/2017, there were 379,459 reports of abuse to child protection authorities in Australia.
- That same year, there were 49,315 confirmed cases of child abuse or neglect.
- Children under 12 months - that’s right, babies - were most likely to suffer abuse or neglect.
- In 2011, a child was abused or neglected every 17 minutes.
- Today it’s every 11 minutes.